Watergrass Community Development District (the “District”) was established on February 22, 2005, pursuant to the Uniform Community Development District Act of 1980, otherwise known as Chapter 190, Florida Statutes, by the Pasco County Ordinance 05-04. The Act provides, among other things, the power to manage basic services for community development, power to borrow money and issue bonds, and to levy and assess non‐ad valorem assessments for the financing and delivery of capital infrastructure.
- Ordinance 05-04 to Establish
- District I and II Limits
- Watergrass I Ordinance 13-06 (Amending Boundaries changing name)
The District was established for the purposes of financing and managing the acquisition, construction, maintenance and operation of certain infrastructure necessary for community development within the District.
The District is governed by a Board of Supervisors (“Board”), which is comprised of five members. The current Supervisors have been elected by qualified electors residing within the District. The Board of Supervisors of the District exercise all powers granted to the District pursuant to Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
The Board has the final responsibility for:
- Assessing and levying assessments.
- Approving budgets.
- Exercising control over facilities and properties.
- Controlling the use of funds generated by the District.
- Approving the hiring and firing of key personnel.
- Financing improvements.